Carolina Sauce Company's list of the annual Top Ten Best Selling Salsas and Relishes on National Chili Day. Here goes:
1. Moving from 2nd in 2009 to first place in 2010 was our own Hot Chow Chow Relish, made on a small family farm in the North Carolina Piedmont. We donate $1 from the sale of each jar to Operation Sauce Drop for the troops.
2. Sliding down from first in 2009 to second last year was the original Peppers Blue Crab Salsa, an all-natural, medium-heat tomato and pepper salsa made with real Maryland crab meat. Enjoy it with chips, spooned over broiled or grilled fish, with seafood enchiladas, and even as an alternative to spaghetti sauce!
3. Breaking into the top ten with an impressive third-place finish was our own Habanero Pepper Relish, made especially for us in the NC mountains. Fiery-hot with a tangy-sweet "bread & butter pickle" flavor, this habanero relish adds heat to burgers, sandwiches, tuna salad, tartar sauce and more. We donate $1 for every jar sold to Operation Sauce Drop.
4. Improving one spot from 2009 to 2010 was our Mild Chow Chow Relish, an old-fashioned Carolina pickled-cabbage condiment that's zesty and crunchy--and we donate $1 from the sale of each jar to Operation Sauce Drop for US troops serving overseas.
5. Once again finishing among the top 5 best-selling salsas and relishes was Capone Family Secret Hot Giardiniera from Chicago. This spicy-hot traditional Italian condiment is ideal for sandwiches and subs, antipasto trays, appetizers and more--and it comes with a free recipe for Giardiniera pizza!
6. Just My Taste Jalapeno Dip is a deliciously spicy, multi-purpose dip, condiment, marinade and sauce made with fresh jalapeno peppers and no artificial ingredients. Enjoy just like a salsa or in your favorite recipes--and we'll send you a bunch of recipes when you order Just My Taste from us!
7. Pepper Dog Salsa - Medium is an all-natural, smoky Southwestern style smooth (not chunky) tomato salsa that gets its heat from jalapeno peppers. Its rich flavor and texture makes this award-winning salsa an excellent choice for your favorite Tex-Mex, Southwestern and Mexican dishes, and also for enjoying with chips.
8. If you enjoy fish and seafood, you'll love Thomas Fish Camp Cocktail Sauce, an old-fashioned zesty tomato cocktail sauce from North Carolina with a zippy horseradish kick. Don't limit yourself to Calabash and other fried seafood, however, because this full-flavored cocktail sauce is also great with french fries, hush puppies, fried mozzarella sticks, and even as a burger condiment.
9. Another treat for seafood lovers is our 9th place finisher, Peppers Zesty Blue Crab Salsa. Made in the Chesapeake Bay area with real Maryland crab, this fiery salsa gets its kick from horseradish and hot peppers.
10. Just like the previous year, Thomas Fish Camp Tartar Sauce completes our list of the top ten best-selling salsas and relishes for 2010. This rich and creamy tartar sauce is far tastier than any you'll find in a grocery store, and will complement any seafood including fried shrimp, broiled fish, deviled crabs, crabcakes, etc. Kids love it on fish sticks and even with chicken nuggets!