Best-Selling Snacks & Sweets for 2010 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. As usual, our all-time best-selling snack (which is also a sweet) led this list last year: Buderim Ginger Bears are Australian gummy bears made with real ginger for a zippy flavor you can't get enough of.
2. Moving up all the way to second place after a 10th place finish in 2009 were our very own Carolina Sauce Co. Hot Dill Pickle Chips, a favorite hamburger and sandwich topping of folks who enjoy hot & spicy foods--and we donate $1 from the sale of each jar to Operation Sauce Drop!
3. Hot Honeys are premium North Carolina honey-roasted peanuts that are lightly seasoned with chipotle for a sweet & spicy snack that's addictively good.
4. Repeating its 2009 fourth place finish in 2010 was Robert Rothschild Hot Raspberry Thunder Sauce, a super hot sauce that's lusciously fruity but also crazy-hot thanks to a dose of capsaicin extract. Enjoy Raspberry Thunder with care--it's quite good with cream cheese or as a recipe ingredient.
5. Moving up several spots on our list of best-selling snacks were the unique Carolina BBQ Peanuts from The Peanut Roaster in Henderson, NC, featuring that signature Carolina vinegar tang and hint of peppery spice that's typical of eastern NC barbecue sauce.
6. One of my favorite sweet treats, Lilly's Gourmet Maple Butter, was our sixth best-selling sweet or snack in 2010. Made according to an old family recipe, this Maple Butter is luscious on pancakes, waffles, biscuits, toast, stirred into oatmeal and drizzled warm over ice cream.
7. For the second straight year, our Hot Pickled Garlic finished seventh on this list. Made by hand in the NC mountains using garlic cloves and hot peppers, this zesty snack is great for cooking and snacking--and $1 from the sale of each jar is donated to Operation Sauce Drop for troops serving overseas.
8. Dave's Insanity Popcorn is aptly named, as this microwave popcorn is a LOT hotter than any popcorn you'll find in a grocery store. Make sure you have a cold beverage handy to put out the fire!
9. Speaking of fires, the firefighter-themed Firehouse Nuts held on to a spot on our best-selling snacks list last year. These premium North Carolina peanuts are seasoned with smoked habanero powder for a savory, fiery flavor.
10. Ass Kickin' Jelly Beans complete our list of the top ten best-selling snacks and sweets for 2010. These grown-up candies look like ordinary jelly beans, and start off tasting that way, but give them a couple of seconds and BAM! The habanero heat kicks in!