best-selling barbecue sauces at the Carolina Sauce Company online store for 2010:
1. For the second straight year, Wells Hog Heaven Barbecue Sauce was our best-selling BBQ sauce. This is an authentic eastern NC vinegar-based barbecue sauce (no tomatoes) made in the tiny hamlet of Burgaw outside of Wilmington, and is ideal for Carolina pork barbecue.
2. Scott's Barbecue Sauce from Goldsboro NC is also a traditional eastern NC vinegar barbecue sauce, and it moved up two slots from 2009 to finish in second place last year. Scott's BBQ Sauce traces its roots back to 1917, and it packs a peppery-hot kick, making it ideal for folks who enjoy spicy foods.
3. Jim's Own Homestyle Bar-B-Que Sauce from Durham NC took third place honors for 2010. This tangy-sweet Piedmont style BBQ sauce (vinegar, tomatoes, sugar & a touch of pepper) comes in three convenient sizes (pints, quarts. and mini-jars that make great party favors). Not just for pulled pork BBQ, Jim's Own Sauce is also great as a marinade for chicken and ribs -- plus you get free recipes when you buy it from us!
4. Outta the Park BBQ Sauce, also made in North Carolina, was the fourth best-selling barbecue sauce last year. This award-winning tomato BBQ sauce is thick and rich (not a Carolina style sauce), made with all-natural ingredients, and is perfect for slathering on ribs & chicken. It also comes with free recipes, and is on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company!
5. Moving up from 9th in 2009 to 5th in 2010 is J.T. Pappy's Flamin' Gator Sauce, a tangy medium-spicy mustard-tomato barbecue sauce made with all-natural ingredients. This Gator Sauce is great with all sorts of meat and chicken, and rumor has it that it's also tasty on alligator.
6. JT Pappy's Hickory Heaven Barbecue Sauce is similar to its Gator Sauce sibling, but milder on the heat scale and with a pleasantly smoky flavor. If you like your BBQ sauce with rich savory flavor but without a peppery bite, this is the sauce for you.
7. If you prefer spicy-hot barbecue sauce with savory mustard-tomato flavor, you'll love J.T. Pappy's Gator Grenade BBQ Sauce, the hotter version of the 5th and 6th place finishers. Enjoy it on ribs, chicken, pork chops, burgers and other hearty fare -- and with a cold drink on hand to help quench the fire!
8. If you enjoy Jamaican jerk and other exotic flavors, our 8th place finisher is for you: Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk Barbecue Sauce blends traditional jerk seasonings with ripe bananas and other tropical ingredients for a delicious island sauce that's wonderful with pork, seafood, chicken and more.
9. J.T. Pappy's Mild Gator Sauce is comparable in heat to the Hickory Heaven Sauce but without the smoky flavor. This mild but tasty barbecue sauce is a favorite of kids as well as folks with more sensitive palates who still appreciate great flavor.
10. Completing our list of 2010's top ten best-selling BBQ sauces (and repeating its 2009 finish) is the original Bone Suckin' Sauce, a western NC style barbecue sauce that blends sweet tomatoes with vinegar and a touch of spice for a sauce that has more body than eastern NC sauces but still delivers that trademark Carolina tang. It comes with free recipes, too!